RJ New Designs specialise in tourism websites. We are a locally owned and operated Cairns-based website development company. Owners and operators Richard and Julie Johnston bring a wealth of tourism experience to the table and have delivered many fantastic tourism sites.
Before becoming a website developer, Richard worked at the coal face of the tourism industry for many years. He has hotel and resort experience, as well as tour desk experience. While Julie was Communications Manager at Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for eight years, overseeing the production of an assortment of sales and marketing materials, from brochures and advertisements, to posters, signage, billboards and more.
Together, we have the expertise and experience to deliver outstanding tourism websites for our clients. Examples of work in this area include, but is not limited to:
So, what makes a good tourism website? Well, there’s a few factors including:
- Images. This is really important. Images do tell a thousand words and should ‘sell the dream’ of your tourism product to its marketplace. Images should showcase your main selling points (be it location, point of difference, type of experience) and include people having a ‘good time’. In this industry professional images are important, as is accuracy. Make sure your images accurately represent your product so customers are not disappointed on arrival. We can’t take the photos for you, but we can suggest some great photographers.
- Text. We know everyone likes to look at images, but written content is just as important. Think about the kind of information people need to know to make a booking decision. At the very least you need to tell them: opening hours, cost, location, terms and conditions. There’s more and our copy writer can help, just ask!
- Map. Fairly important (!). Everyone needs to know where you are located and a Google map is best. Ask us how to have your own customised Google map place marker.
- Bookings. You want them! Let’s make it easy for your customers to make them. RJ New Designs can integrate your site with a range of established online booking systems, or create a solution for you. Ask us for more information.
- Social Media. Get connected with your audience. Social media is a great space for tourism operators to communicate with their audience. If you don’t already have a social media presence, we can create one for you. If you do have one, let’s make sure it integrates effectively with your website.
- Responsive. What does this mean? Your website will display effectively across all viewing apparatus, from the computer to the laptop to the mobile phone. Oh – want to edit it yourself? No problems here either. WordPress is an easy to use Content Management System and we are the WordPress experts.
We are a boutique website company that cares about its clients and their outcomes. For a tourism website that works, contact RJ New Designs today on 4041 0776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other posts you may be interested in
NQ Coach Tours
“From start to finish, Richard and Julie have been amazing. … They are great to deal with and very passionate about making you the best website possible 11/10!” If you want to be this happy with your web developer, call Richard today on 0410 510 214.
Read more »
TUFI Resort Website
Want the WOW factor for your resort website? We can help. RJ New Designs specialise in tourism and resort websites, maximising visual impact and providing the information and touch points your clients need, to see, click and book.
Read more »
Leave a Reply